Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving

 Last Thursday, 23 November, was Thanksgiving in the US.

When I was married, every Thanksgiving I had Roast Turkey with my wife.

After she divorced me, every Thanksgiving I have Wild Turkey all alone.

In 1997, my father, who was suffering from dementia, told me to quit my job in West Virginia and move back to Texas.

'How can I move back to Texas? What would I live on?'

My father couldn't remember why it was important for me to move back to Texas, he just knew it was very important. I figured it was the dementia talking. Silly me. So I stayed in West Virginia.

Then my wife filed for divorce and I was sentenced to pay 125% of my income or go to gaol for Life without Parole. My wife told the judge she had a VVIP boyfriend, I was insanely jealous and a member of the National Rifle Association, and with my computer skills I would soon find out her boyfriend's name and would kill him. Since the Clinton Law makes Divorce Court a criminal court, not a civil court, the West Virginia Judge's order that I must pay my wife 125% of my total income made me a felon, since I could not pay the full amount.

Before, Divorce Court was a civil court where, if you were outside the state where you owe money on a civil case, the court cannot collect. But criminal court can collect, and Clinton proposed, and the Congress agreed, that Divorce Court should be a Criminal Court with far more power to gaol divorced men until they have paid every penny the Divorce Judge orders them to pay, and if jealous husbands are gaoled, their wives' boyfriends will be safe.

After the West Virginia Judge sentenced to to Life without Parole, I managed to get out of the US where US Law cannot easily grab me as it would have done had I remained in the US. My wife got the house, all the money I had in the bank, the car, and it was not nearly enough, I owed a lot more and was a heinous felon for not paying my ex all the judge ordered, which was 200% of my assets and income.

So for Thanksgiving, I had Wild Turkey, not roast turkey with my ex nor turkey hash at the West Virginia Prison for Divorced Men.

No comments: